The membership year for renewals is now from January 1 to December 31.
Therefore, you’ll renew in December of 2019 for the 2020 membership year.
Coming very soon: Online registration and payment. You’ll be able to renew online. No more lines. Convenience plus.
Watch your membership page for updates.
Date: Saturday May 25th, 2019
Time: 9 am - 2 pm
Location: South Oshawa Community Centre - 1455 Cedar Street South, Oshawa, Ontario (see map)
Our annual plant sale offers great plants at bargain prices. Locally grown and cared for, we offer perennials, herbs, geraniums, dahlias and so much more.
Durham Master Gardeners and our members are available for help in choosing the right plant for your garden. Our partners include G.L. Roberts CVI Horticultural Program , Oshawa Environmental Advisory Committee, Robert Young (Dahlias).
Take advantage of free mini-demonstrations and planting activity for kids (must be accompanied by a parent). Cash sales only. Free parking. Student volunteers to assist with carrying plants.
ONTARIO HORTICULTURAL ASSOCIATION
District 17 Annual General Meeting 2019
Theme: MUDDY BOOTS
Saturday, April 27, 2019
Hosted by Georgina Brock Garden Club
- Entries must be received no later than April 1, 2019; no late entries will be accepted.
- Deliver or mail entries to:
- Gail Spurr, 47 Johnston St, Pefferlaw, Ont. L0E 1N0 – 705-437-4529
RULES AND REGULATIONS
Note: District 17 is not responsible for loss or damage sustained (mailing or otherwise) to any entries in Photographic Division.
- The decision(s) of the AGM Show Chairs and Judges regarding exhibit placement is binding.
- One entry per Class per exhibitor is permitted.
- All photographs should incorporate some natural content.
- Photographs may be colour or black and white.
- Photographs may be digital or film in origin.
- Actual prints (portion submitted on photographic paper) must be 4”x6”.
- Prints must be mounted on a 5”x7” piece of white cardboard.
- Discretion is advised regarding the inclusion of people and pets in photographs submitted for adjudication.
- Attach your traditional entry tag to cardboard on the bottom right hand corner and complete with Class #, Title, Name of Exhibitor and Name of Club/Society. The information on the lower portion of the entry tag should be securely turned under so that the exhibitor’s name is not visible.
This competition is open to all paid up members of one or more of the OHA District 17 Clubs/Societies and paid registrants of District 17 AGM 2019.
- Photos must have been taken by the exhibitor during the last 24 months (from date of entry deadline).
- Prints may not have won at any previous District 17 AGM photographic competitions.
- Discretion is advised regarding cropping.
- Noticeable and/or excessive digital retouching will result in disqualification. Decision of the Judge is final.
- Entries must be picked up at the end of the meeting. Unredeemed entries will not be returned to exhibitors.
- Please read carefully the criteria and information provided and choose photographs that best interpret the class titles.
- Photographs can be taken at any location of your choice.
- Focus should be on Botanical and Nature-oriented content.
Ph 1 Rock On
Ph 2 Shadowplay
Ph 3 Barking Up a Tree
Ph 4 Through the Garden Gate
Ph 5 Winter Interest in the Garden
Ph 6 New Awakenings
Ph 7 Birds of a Feather
Ph 8 A Perfect Beauty
Ph 9 Autumn’s Brilliance
Ph 10 Splendour in the Grass
Ph 11 Still Life (indoor or outdoor)
Ph 12 Muddy Boots
Bookmark – club competition
Marking criteria for photographic classes: Total 50 points
- Impact – choice of subject matter related to class title – 20 points
- Composition – arrangement, point of interest, symmetry/balance – 20 points
- Light & Colour – light/shadows, colour complementary to photo – 10 points